Sunrise Valley Digital Innovation Hub (SV DIH) aims to become a leading industry digitalisation service centre in the Baltics. With a mission to bridge ICT sector related R&D, big industries and SMEs in traditional sectors, SV DIH seeks to reinforce the biggest integrated science, studies and business campus in Lithuania, Sunrise Valley.
SV DIH will facilitate digitalisation in traditional industry sectors, SMEs in particular, through the following objectives:
1. Assist in developing innovative solutions for identified industry needs.
2. Expand networking of key actors like R&D and competence centres, leading industries, SMEs, and business support / innovation organisations.
3. Increase access to funding of tech transfer and digitalisation projects.
4. Build awareness on digitalisation induced industry efficiency.
5. Support the growth of start-ups in ICT sector.
6. Facilitate development of digitalisation relevant skills and competencies.
SV DIH focuses on:
- physical sciences & mechatronics
- civil engineering
- laser & nano technologies
- life sciences and biotechnology
- energy and clean technologies.
These sectors comply with R&D priorities on national level as laid out in Smart Specialisation Strategy (S3), the implementation of which is supported by a number of EU Structural Funds measures.
SV DIH will provide a one-stop service as well as access to competencies and infrastructure available at Sunrise Valley campus. Sunrise Valley is the biggest integrated science, studies and business centre in Lithuania with the largest scientific potential of Lithuania:
- 2 major universities
- 5 open access centres
- Science and Technology Park
- more than 50 knowledge-driven companies
- over 20k students and 5k scientists & researchers
SV DIH will help companies, especially SMEs, to progress to Industry 4.0 and beyond through assistance of digitalisation and business development experts, competence network and R&D infrastructure, resulting in increased productivity, resilience, scale of ICT penetration, and innovation capacity. This will be achieved through joint efforts of SV DIH partners who will ensure access to R&D capacities of two major Lithuanian universities, open access centres, and intermediaries like business associations and confederations clusters, and business support organisations. SV DIH will organise events for partners, stakeholders and clients with the purpose of sharing good practices, matchmaking, and launching collaboration initiatives. Study visits, technology scouting, discussion forums will be organised between DIHs on national and international levels.
Currently SV STP takes part in H2020 initiative „Smart factories in new EU member states“ which is providing training and mentoring needed to shift SV DIH into operational stage. Representatives of Sunrise Valley Digital Innovation Hub took part in the Kick off workshop, which was held on 19-20 of February, 2018, in Sofia, Bulgaria. Presentations of good practices by Fraunhofer (Germany) and Innovalia (Spain) proved that digital innovation hubs bring added value to the industry, helping them to gain competitive advantage through digitalisation.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org